My year in blog...
2016 was really my first proper year as a blogger and it was a real eye opener. I learnt so much, from working with brands, knowing my worth when it comes to sponsored work and feeling like maybe this really could be the job for me.
I left my part time job and decided to become officially self employed and dedicate my free time to my blog and online work. The hard work paid off and I finished the year feeling really positive about everything. Now 2017 has hit, the self doubt has kicked in a little, but I really hope to make this go from strength to strength.
Now I can totally focus on blogging as not only my job but also as a little bit of an obsession, I am going to set some goals for this year, a few things to aim for to keep me motivated and working harder than ever. I will be breaking goals down into more manageable 'chunks' but this is what I'd like to achieve over the year.
1. Social MediaTwitter - reach 10K followers
Facebook - reach 5k likes
Instagram - reach 10K on both accounts
Pinterest - Get my head around how to best use it/pin every post
2. ScheduleStick to a blog schedule to ensure posts are completed on time and something is posted daily.
Schedule social media posts for even coverage.
Schedule my working hours so I know things like comments will be replied to, emails sorted etc.
3. LinkysJoin in 3+ linkys a week and continue to grow my own.
4. Shop launchWork out how to add a shop section to my blog.
Work on stock and list items.
Promote shop and work with other bloggers.
5. Increase reachHave a little more confidence in myself & my blog, promote my work more and ensure all posts are shared.
6. Steady earningsMatch my part time wage on average every month.
7. Make ImprovementsImprove my photography
Improve my writing
8. Vlog!I would love to dive into the Vlog world, I'm useless on camera and sound like a child but I really do enjoy video editing and I think it can open so many more doors.
That's my lot and I'm actually pretty excited to get started. I'll review how I'm getting on later in the year. If you're a blogger, what are your blog goals for this year?