I posted recently about helping others at Christmas. I mentioned helping the homeless, those worse off than us and treating random strangers. I really hope I inspired a few random acts of kindness to spread the Christmas cheer! I was tagged today by the lovely Lucy from Hello Beautiful Bear to join Wayfair in their generous and inspiring challenge, to help others before the year is out by being kind and spreading happiness with their #BlogItForward campaign! For every blog that posts about this campaign, Wayfair will donate a whopping £50 to the wonderful Habitat For Humanity, I just had to take part and share some of good deeds that we have done, as well as those still to come.
So what have we been up to in our city? Here are a few of our December deeds that I suppose were kind, though no more than any of us should do!
- My son A gave a homeless man his pocket money
- We treated the homeless man to lunch another day
- We took the homeless man a box of food and goodies to see him though the week
- We handed out chocolate bars to all the homeless people in town
- We gave all baby's old warm winter clothes to a local young single Mum
- I donated sample products I was given to a charity raffle
- I cleared out my old clothes and donated to a charity shop
- We baked cakes and gave them to our neighbours
There is a great deal more we can still do and over the next few days we will;
- Clear out and donate more things to charity shops
- Take food to the local food bank
- Give our homeless friend the fluffy new blanket A chose him
- Take some lovely flowers to our elderly neighbour
- Take freshly baked cookies to our neighbours to say happy new year!
This campaign ends on the 31st but I will tag two of my favourite bloggers just in case they can squeeze in a quick post of any kind for this worthy cause. Super short notice - sorry! If you have time Katy & Emma I pass the challenge you, if not please just share this post :) You can read all about it here.
Thanks for reading and I can't wait to hear how much we have all helped to raise!