Turkey Curry with Spinach, Peas and Cauliflower rice
After the last couple of turkey recipes going down so well and with me joining Slimming World earlier this month, it seemed like the perfect time to share another fab recipe from British Turkey & Madeleine Shaw.
I've said it before but I'll say it again... turkey is such a versatile meat and massively over looked. It's packed with protein, cheap, delicious and super lean. There's more to turkeys than Christmas!
This recipe is perfect for me, I adore all things curry and am just venturing into the world of cauliflower substitutes. I recently shared my cauli pizza base recipe so I was really excited to try the rice version too.
This recipe is pretty simple once you have the cupboard staples in and can easily be made in batches by adjusting quantities for a quick simple lunch through the week.
- 500g of British turkey breast chopped into inch chunks or diced turkey British breast
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp of fenugreek
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 ripe beef tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 can of reduced fat coconut milk
- 200g of frozen peas
- 100g of spinach
- salt and pepper
For The Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander to serve
- Rub the turkey in the chilli powder, salt, pepper and fenugreek and leave to the side to marinade.
- Heat a large pot to a medium heat with the coconut oil and add the cumin seeds, bay leaves and the onion. Cook for 5 minutes then add the ginger, garlic, tomatoes and turmeric. Stir for a few more minutes until the tomatoes break down and the garlic is cooked through and golden.
- Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and pour over the coconut milk. Allow this to infuse for 10 minutes then add in the turkey and cook for a further 10 minutes while you make the cauliflower rice.
- To make the cauliflower rice, roughly chop the cauliflower and then place it into a food processor and pulse until it is in a rice like consistency. Heat the coconut oil, turmeric and ginger together with a pinch of salt, add the cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes until cooked through.
- When the rice is ready. Throw in the peas, spinach to the curry and stir through for a minute so the spinach wilts and the peas are cooked through.
- Serve together with freshly chopped coriander.